Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

All set for another all nighter

Keithp

Hi All, yep all set up for tonight. Gonna try some imaging experiments with my new filter set. Hopefully the clouds will be broken and not total coverage.

Having another go at Jupiter in the morning, and maybe..just maybe add Neptune, Uranus and Mars to my little image collection.

Anyone got any other suggestions for targets with my filter set and fuji s5700. Max exposure 1600 iso, 4 secs coupled to Meade 5000 20mm and 2X meade barlow?

Clear Skies All

Regards

Keithp

23:39.

Outside with the laptop, camera set, scope set....bit cloudy...the moons due south and very low just got the glow in the clouds..anyone else in Somerset out tonight?

It was clear here all day, still clear at sunset, got everything up and running, started a 15 minute sub of the Cocoon nebula, complete cloud cover before the first sub was in :)

Oh well....patience patience!!

Good night all :)

Rob

heh heh, cloud is breaking up a bit, moons just too low for me to get pics though, looking round see what else I can get. Nice night though, broken cloud.. all polar aligned and rarin to go...just wish I had a dslr with me...maybe later in the year.. more amazon vouchers:hello2:

now I know we got frogs in the pond, I can hear em creaking [croking]:)

Shame the moons too low, post pics later, hope it stays like this till about 3 ish, should get Jupiter then with me filters:cool: heh heh

yeh! the big mans up, I can see him over next doors roof, maybe about another hour and I can start....:)

been a nice night though, couple of sats went over...too quick though

okay, what's this..? Jupiter is nearly in view and just sat down with another coffee... two objects in formation, the leading one not so bright, the trailing one as bright as Jupiter were moving across the sky heading due south south east across Jupiter. Not as bright as the iss and holding formation, no flashing just steady shining. Moving south across the path the iss took....maybe 45mins to go, fingers crossed the cloud is in and out at the moment.

Well I did manage some shots of sorts, not a lot to write home about.

First is the moon, about as good as I'm going to get at the moment, too low for me.

The second just got a bit bored so started shooting at anything, general direction is south east.

The third, well doesn't need explaining..does it!

And finally the old man himself, just rising over the neighbours roof, by the time it had got any further south

the clouds had started rolling in, just caught glimpses of it through the murk. Then pit pat it started!

Gonna try again next Friday.

Regards

All

Keithp

post-15528-133877382943_thumb.jpg

post-15528-133877382951_thumb.jpg

post-15528-133877382958_thumb.jpg

post-15528-133877382966_thumb.jpg

In answer to your other question did I capture Neptune then I think you did. I've compared your last photo of Jupiter with CduC and I think if you can see that bright star in the 2 O''clock position from Jupiter thats Mu Capricorn a mag 5 star. Then look at the 11 o'clock position from Mu capricorn and thats Neptune about mag 7.9.

Btw that bright star to Jupiters left is one of Jupiters moons either Lo or Europa at mag 5.0 or 5.3. Or thinking about it both as you have not seperated them.

Hi Mick, noticed something today. When I posted those images from my laptop at home they looked fine to me you/I could clearly see the stars and planet you mention but when showing friends at work they are hardly visible. The first one looks nice on the laptop, along with the second. The third clearly shows the plough/great bear and in the fourth all the points you mention are very clear. The monitor at work tho, not a cheap one, 21" CRT, does not show the objects very cleanly.

I'd be interested in how they appear to others, please leave comments and what monitor you are using. I might have to try some adjustments to see if they improve for people

Regards

All

Keithp

Archived