NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

digital camera

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i cant wait to see the outcome of this one as i have an old webcam that i am trying to attach to my scope i did try taking the webcam to bits but this did'nt seem to work, so i have looked at a similar way of doing this although i dont think i will be taping the webcam to the eyepiece. I dont want to take pics with this just to be able to observe through the computer.

Thats 2 cracking shots for just holding it to the eyepiece however i doubt i would have the steadiness of hand to do that. I will probably invest in a new webcam and the proper attachment as i want to be able to control everything from the laptop(getting to old to stand out in the cold to long now). If can anyone suggest which webcam i should go for and what adapter i would need for a celestron please?

Look out for a s/hand Philips ToUcam or the newer SPC900 version.

The camera lens just unscrews and is replaced by a 1.25" nosepiece which allows you to just slip it into the focuser like an eyepiece.

The telescope then acts like a big telelens. If you need additional magnification ( moon and planets) add a x2 barlow infront of the camera.

Ken

Archived