NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tele Vue Bandmate Nebustar

Well, I have finally given in and joined the Tele Vue eyepiece club. They looked so nice and shiny in the display case that i couldn't resist any longer:D

I finally settled for the 13mm Ethos as this seemed like a good starting point and it was a good bit cheaper than the 17mm.:)

I also picked up a 2" Bandmate Nebustar filter to use as a general purpose UHC filter as i got a good deal on it because of the eyepiece.

I haven't heard much about these filters so any feedback would be helpful.

Just gotta wait for the whether to improve so i can get out there and try it out. ( raining at the mo):D:(

Sid

Congratulations on the Ethos - you will love it :)

I've not tried Tele Vue filters myself but I understand that their band pass is a bit wider than other brands because they designed them to work well with their scopes which are 5" or less in aperture. So their OIII is probably more like a competitors UHC and their UHC equivilent would will be bordering on a broadband filter I guess - rather like the Baader UHC-S (still a useful filter though).

John

I'm looking forward to getting out and giving the Ethos a good try-out.

It will be interesting to see what improvement i get with the filter as i have a nice dark site so light pollution isn't really an issue but it might help enhance the views a little. I'll post a review as soon as the whether improves!!

Archived