NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Azimuth adjustment with a pier

Thinking hard about the design for the pier in my new observatory. I have seen piers that have to plates at the top with leveling screws. The gap presumably also allows ore loosening of the bolt holding the mount in place for adjustment of the azimuth position. These 2 plates strike me as being a source of weakness in the pier and I've seen photos of other designs which don't have them, what I can't work out is how the bolt holding the mount into the pier adaptor is adjusted. allowing for smooth adjustment of the azimuth.

I would be grateful for info as to how others have sorted this out.

The Epsilon pier adapter I use has a small slot cut into it's side wall which allows access with a 'Tommy Bar' to do up a capstan nut that secures the EQ mount to the pier adapter.

Epsilon Telescopes

Regards

Kevin

Kevin

Is the Tommy Bar supplied if you purchase a pier adaptor and a pier top for the EQ6 Pro say, together with all necessary bolts.?

The postal charge I couldn't quite understand.

If you buy the Pier Top, and the pier adaptor, do you just have to pay the carriage charge of the more expensive Item? Or both charges added together. The way it's worded, it would seem only the charge for the dearest item need be paid.

Ron.

The pier top adapter will come with a tommy bar and all the fixing bolts required.

I collected mine directly from Epsilon near Bromsgrove so I have no idead about the postal charges.

Regards

Kevin

Cheers Kev.

They are not too bad anyway, even if it's the sum of the two.

Ron.

Archived