NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Salisbury Astronomy

All,

Is anyone based in or near Salisbury interested in forming an astronomy society or an informal observing group? I live in Amesbury and travel to Andover and Basingstoke but would be interested in something more local.

There are some great observing sites on the Plain away from the light pollution and a few country pubs worth visiting!

Regards,

Mark

• 3 months later...

Hi Jon

Have just found your messages about Astronomy groups. I'm new to all this and am trying to find a group to join. You wrote about MAD viewers. Have tried to find out more on internet but without success. Could you give me more details.

Many thanks

Jacqueline

• 10 months later...

The Salisbury Astronomical Society is alive and well. Once upon a time I would go there regularly, but I just don't have the time anymore....

The history of the SAS is very interesting and there are some lovely people who go.

The email on most web sites is out of date, but if you follow this link you will be able to contact them via phone ASTRONOMY

Archived