Yet another dumbbell....;-)

Neil I

A very popular target at the moment so I thought I'd give it a try last night. The image consists of 36mins of lights (240s subs) plus darks and flats. I tried for 300s subs but the amount of LP was surprising, and not helped by the moon, so had to reduce them slightly. The 1000D seemed to like this one and I'm really pleased with outcome considering only half an hour of data. Guided with PHD, stacked in DSS and processed in CS4.

Cheers :icon_salut:

Neil

post-14123-133877376189_thumb.jpg

post-14123-1338773762_thumb.jpg

Nicely imaged Neil, nice widefield, lovely definition and colour showing in the crop.

Just take loads more subs and you will notice a big difference in the noise levels, I reckon 30 is a good figure to aim for on the 400D, expect the 1000D will be similar.

Brendan

Thanks for the comments guys. I'll definately be spending a bit more time on this one, although not tonight as I'm still trying to catch up on missed sleep from the weekend :icon_salut:

Archived