Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Laptop

I'm looking to get myself a new laptop and after having a look around online i am still none the wiser:icon_scratch:

I want to use it for imaging and controlling my scope. I have an Imac as my main PC so the laptop would be purely for astronomical use.

I'm guessing that i am gonna have to get a Windows based machine as most of the software available seems to favor these over Apple. ( and they are cheaper!!)

I was looking to spend around £500, so any advise would be a great help:confused:

Hi Sydney

You could do worse than check out recent PC Mag reviews. I work in IT and have found PC Pro Magazine to be pretty accurate in their advice - they also have excellent online content. Here's a recent review almost spot on your budget:

PC Pro: Product Reviews: Labs: Netbook killers!: Lenovo ThinkPad SL500

You can check out the complete Labs results for yourself: PC Pro: Lab tests for PCs, Desktops, Laptops, Graphic cards & more

Good luck.

Col

Archived