Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 5907 "Needle Galaxy" in Draco

GordonH

Hi All

This is my first return to imaging after my "eventful" holiday to Orlando --- details of which are in my blog on my website Imaging The Heavens - Home Page if you want to know more. Anyway, back to the subject. A lovely clear night on Saturday so I got everything set up. Started imaging just after 12 midnight and was planning 15x4 minutes for each channel with this subject, the red and green channels went fine apart frrom the usual light pollution where I live but I only managed 6x4 minutes for blue as I forgot about the shorter dark hours and it got too light after 3am so this one hasn't gone as deep as I would have liked. It was taken with the Takahashi BRC-250 and Starlight Xpress H36 and Astronomik RGB filters, no time for luminance on this, all unguided.

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-13387737496_thumb.jpg

Hello Gordon....glad you survived your holiday!!

I like the image....that sort of FOV captures the depths of space very nicely.

I know what you mean about having very little imaging time this time of the year though, but at least it means you can get to bed before 6am, unlike in the winter :cool:

Cheers

Rob

Archived