NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

300D Shutter control

Hi Folks, Just getting back to imaging after many years. I am starting to get a little tired of counting out my subs!!! Looking at possible solutions. I thought I had found it when I bought a little gizmo from ebay. It controls number of exposures, length of exposure and interval between exposures. On arrival (from Hong Kong), I have discovered that the device requires the interval between exposures to be at least 1 second longer than the exposure, a little disapointing as I would like to maximise imaging time. So I need to look at alternatives and would like some advice. Anyone used DSLR Shutter? If so any comments? Does it work OK with Vista, and is there a lengthy delay time between exposures as with my Chinese gizmo? Are there any other alternatives. Sorry for all the questions, and thanks in advance for any comments.

Cheers.

John

Try it I think you will find therte be a one second gap between the exposures :cool:

its a bit confusing

Say you want a 4 min exposure with a 2 min gap between them then set the interval to 6 mins andd the duration to 4...

Try it with multiple second exposure to see how it works...

Also if you dont turn of the in camera long exposure NR it will automatically take a dark frame after it has taken the exposure....

Peter...

I use DSLR focus (Which controls the shutter for bulb exposures) Works great.

Set the Length of exposure ... Time between exposures (To allow for mirror lock and everthing to settle)..

Et voila :cool:

The 300D doesn't automatically take a dark - or at least mine doesn't.

I'm sure that some of the Nikons do though.

I use dSLRShutter DSLR Shutter, work really well except you have to add 1 second so if you want a 60 second sub, type in 61 (no idea why).

This solution also requires a laptop out with the scope.

Ant

Archived