NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Setting up and Iridian 62

Ant

Earlier today I checked Heavens-above and found that I had a -5 Flare for 9:15 this evening.

I now have my compass :cool: I wanted one for the weekend so I bought this one from Halfords Digital Compass from Halfords Price £5.00 In the shop it says £30, but it's actually only a fiver - and works a treat!!!

Satcatcher here I come... :)

Anyway at 9:13 went outside and looked in the rough direction, and it was amazing to see a -5 flare during daylight (well nearly), no stars were visible but this things was extremely bright.

Fantastic!

I've now set-up, polar aligned, taken flats in the evening twilight, currently taking darks ready to start imaging at around 11pm I guess will be dark enough.

Anyone who hasn't set up an account at Heavens-Above Home Page go do it now - these flares are great!

Ant

It' been a good night.

Just packing up, will leave the bulk of it till I get up in the morning, just get the electrics done.

Jupiter is looking stunning over in the SW, must have a look at her again soon. It's nice, also, to see Pegasus and Andromeda again.

According to my log. it's been over 3 weeks since I was last out!!!

Ant

Three weeks is too long.. glad you had such a great night, Ant!! :cool:

From the sounds of it, you were packing up just as i was just getting started, lol. Jupiter was glowing like a beacon in the SE as i was covering the scope up early Sunday morning... beautiful sight.

Just out of curiosity, what was the temp at the end of your session? It was 1C here at about 3am (but at least there weren't any bugs :)).

Archived