NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Big Thank You to Telescope House :)

Psychobilly

I tried to update my Meade Mysky (yes I bought one when they first came out to use as a push-to guide with my 25x100 bins) ...

Anyway the "latest" Meade software fro the website managed to trash the SDcard to the extentent that you couldnt even roll-back to an earlier version of the Software... A Quick Call to BC&F (Telescope House) they asked me to send the card back to them and they woudl see what they could do....

2 Days later I had the Card back with the Latest Software (1.30B) installed and all working ...

I don't know if any of the people there frequent this forum ... but that's great service.

Peter...

Ok... an update....

It looks like they have abandond the GPS functionallity as it was ropey at best .. you have to enter the location and daet and time manually and with the latest software on an "original unit" you only have the option of using a pre-defined location - which for Wales is either Cardiff or Bangor... you can onlky scroll the list one way cant loop round it so takes ages getting to "Wales"...

Hmmmm....

Well! I suppose working at some level, is better than being Kaput altogether Peter. Did you have to accept a disclaimer before you downloaded the killer update software from Meade?

Ron.:cool:

Well! I suppose working at some level, is better than being Kaput altogether Peter. Did you have to accept a disclaimer before you downloaded the killer update software from Meade?

Ron.:cool:

It was intermittent to say the least before the update Ron... there was only one version of the software which seemed to sort of work 1.2TC and that wasnt one of the versions they had for download anymore.. the "latest" version needed a 240 MB+ download of the latest version of Autostar suite as they have also changed the ways their web update server works...

Looks like from some of the chat on the forums that they may have disabled the GPS on the mysky plus...

I'll see what the "pointings" like tonight...

Peter....

I only dug it out again because of the head to head of the Mysky Plus and the Skyscout in the latest SAN...

And thought.. maybe they have brought out a software upgrade to fix the issues seeing as theres an updated model out...

So foolishly I went to the Meade site....

Downloaded the latest update from the Mysky section...

Which turned out to be 1.2q which was older than the 1.2TC that I had on there and was sort of working...

OK then there was a newer version again but you had to get that through the latest version of Autostar Suite ( which also looks like it has vista drivers for the LPI and DSI in it although haven't got those cams anymore)...

Installing this removed the CD version and the Hubble GSC catalogues that come with it... but at least the Updater connect to the new Meade Update server (apparently they have changed the way it works)

Plug the "MySky" SD card into a reader... launch the update ... connects to web server etc... downloading latest version of the Mysky Software.... Programing Card....

Then....

The software upgrading process crashes about halfway through leaving you with a dead card...

The "Service Centres" are able to re-program them

BUT

They have cured the inability to get a GPS fix....

by disabling the GPS...

Apparently wherever you are in the world you have to enter the time in GMT as well... which for whats supposed to be sold a "beginners" guide to the universe.... because the time is no longer obtained from the GPS either...

A few frustrated "users" on the Meade4M community pages - looks like Meade just ignore it now....

Peter...

p.s. The title and the post is not a Sarcastic one - yeah I know thats unusual for me - as I am really grateful for Telescope House at least restoring some functionality to the what was a dead unit...

I've always been happy with the service from Telescope House - they are just down the road from me as well.

Glad to hear that your getting good service as well Peter - shame about Meade mullering the functionality though.

Cheers,

Richie

Archived