Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Carol Lakomiak (Talitha)

steppenwolf

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, indeed well done.

i read the article myself since i subscribe.

sketching is a dying art i feel, something i have often tried with miserable results lol

i guess my excuse is, i learned to use a computer so i did not have to write.

Bought a decent camera so i do not have to draw.

I think to be honest art is either a skill you have, or yo don't.

clearly looking at your work you do.

how did you end up being offered such a role? I ask as my wife is doing a copywriters course and needs to know about keys like this which can open such great doors!

My suggestion to you, capitalise on this and write a book on it! :-)

Once again well done Carol

:icon_salut: Thanks Al, i've never had any type of art instruction, go figure.

Back in 2003, my first sketching attempts began as little Moon scribbles in logbooks. The outline sketches were done in order to help this novice lunar observer ask intelligent questions in the lunar group she was in at the time. The DSO sketches began soon afterward.

No books for me, thanks. I was asked to be a co-author of the Springer publication a few years ago but declined twice.. no ego, i guess. :headbang:

Sure wish i had some door-opening tips for your wife.. strange how things happened, actually. I'd never had any contact with the magazine... never submitted any sketches to them or the website. One of the Staff members (Will Gater) contacted me early in the year asking if i had any sketches of 10 targets he'd be doing an article on in the May issue (Hubble article). To make a long story short, i had all 10, sent them in, and soon afterwards was contacted by the Editor (Graham Southorn) with a job offer... somebody pinch me.:cool:

Archived