14 Hours on M31 - building on last week's effort

powerlord

I posted my 6 hours effort last week. Well, the weather gods were kind enough to give me another 2 clear nights - one with really quite good seeing. So in the end I gathered 14 hours of decent subs with my 90ED, 0.8x reducer and asi2600 combo.

M31 isn't a target I've shot much to be honest, looking back over the last 4 years - I've only imaged it a handful of times. This time I stuck with tried and tested Affinity Photo 1.

stu

M31.3sessions-c.jpg

Edited by powerlord
pulled the red in the middle down a bit
  • Like 25

Cracking image, M31 is my favourite astro body, so majestic. More importantly stu are you feeling the enjoyment coming back?  I think it will quicken as we move progressively towards the autumn then into the winter. 

Jim 

Edited by saac
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, saac said:

Cracking image, M31 is my favourite astro body, so majestic. More importantly stu are you feeling the enjoyment coming back?  I think it will quicken as we move progressively towards the autumn then into the winter. 

Jim 

Acht I dunno. Time will tell I suppose.

Stu

• Like 1

Makes our first 20-minutes-total photo look anaemic by comparison. Only recently learned that it's possible to stack frames taken on separate nights, so looks like we've got a few hours to catch up on! I note your use of Affinity Photo 1, think I've got that somewhere on the laptop, hadn't thought about using it for astro-photo processing.

• Like 1