Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Daylight Moon Shot from Spain

wobbly

Newbie to this imaging larky,,, couldnt resist taking this daylight shot in Northern Spain (Catalunya) a few days ago, around 6pm, clear blue sky and 30* but quite windy which gave some telescope 'shake'

Found it VERY difficult to get a decent image due the very bright daylight but was a first attempt at imaging, down here until October so plenty of chance to improve:glasses1:

Canon 350D, Helios 6" Refractor

IMG_6640.jpg

I tried a day time Moon shot a while ago and found it quite difficult to find focus and obtain good contrast.

Did you take this shot at prime focus and did you crop the photo at all ?.

Paul

I tried a day time Moon shot a while ago and found it quite difficult to find focus and obtain good contrast.

Did you take this shot at prime focus and did you crop the photo at all ?.

Paul

Hi Paul, picture exactly as it downloaded onto the Lap Top, was far happier with it as couldnt see much on the Canon 350 LCD and was amazed how much better it looked on the Lappy, could do with some tips on the contrast though

Pic was taken on the 5th May

Dave

Hi. Wobbly. Good try in bright sunshine, but contrast was always going to suffer. I had a fiddle and darkened the sky a bit.Changed it to grey scale. Were you using an Achromatic Refractor, there seemed a lot of Chromatic Aberration in your colour pic. also a lot of light on the image where there shouldn't have been. Was your exposure on auto?

Ron.:)

post-13213-133877372166_thumb.jpg

Hi. Wobbly. Good try in bright sunshine, but contrast was always going to suffer. I had a fiddle and darkened the sky a bit.Changed it to grey scale. Were you using an Achromatic Refractor, there seemed a lot of Chromatic Aberration in your colour pic. also a lot of light on the image where there shouldn't have been. Was your exposure on auto?

Ron.:)

Yes Ron, 6" Helios Achromatic Reflector and exposure on auto

Dave

Aye Refractor, gimme a break I am on holiday in Spain and far too many San Miguels:D

Cant fault you on that one Wobbly.

To give me a head start during the day, I normally wait until that back end of the day so that I can tease a little more contrast out.

Your shot looks very bright, try again but maybe an hour or so before the sun goes down when the blue sky is just that little bit darker.

Paul

Archived