NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC5070 Pelican Nebula

zeppo

Hi, last week I had two consecutive clear nights (I was stopped since January because of bad weather! 🤨) so I tried my C8 with 0.7 reducer on this little nebula

It was exactly 5 hours of Ha with ASI2600MM + 5 hours of RGB with ASI2600MC

This is the result, I hope you like it

4848514_large47910.jpg

• Like 22

I think it’s a lovely image.   I like the colour of the Ha signal.  I

Two questions occur to me, @zeppo.  Why is there not more colour in the stars? The answer may simply be they’re not particularly colourful stars. I don’t know. Secondly.  What method did you use to combine the RGB with Ha?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

I think it’s a lovely image.   I like the colour of the Ha signal.  I

Two questions occur to me, @zeppo.  Why is there not more colour in the stars? The answer may simply be they’re not particularly colourful stars. I don’t know. Secondly.  What method did you use to combine the RGB with Ha?

I look at my images and wondered same thing about star colour. I get some blue and some yellow and orange, but no red stars which are the most common. Red ones are dimmer maybe? Zeppo has some red ones :) and rest of image is lovely.

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
  • Like 1

Hi, and thank you for comments!

The poor colored stars are my fault... I have removed stars to process the nebulosity and then I've added them back without saturating them a little bit!

Maybe in the next days I will add also Oiii signal and I will reprocess also the stars ;)

• Like 2