NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Focus tube slop/tilt magically disappears ?

1 hour ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

got tube slop/tilt

The lock screw is countered at 180° by the hexagon head tension screw. If you want to use the lock, make sure you have sufficient tension to minimise movement but remember to loosen the lateral parallel-ising screws to either side first as well as the locking screw at 90° beforehand, as well as removing the flexible (sic) o-washers from the corner retaining screws.

Whilst you're there, you may want to reseat the brushed aluminium collar. There are three grub screws. Loosen, shake/twist and tighten each with the telescope objective pointing downward gradually until home.

The combination above should get you -and keep you- as square as SkyWatcher allow.

HTH

Edited by alacant
spell
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, alacant said:

The lock screw is countered at 180° by the hexagon head tension screw. If you want to use the lock, make sure you have sufficient tension to minimise movement but remember to loosen the lateral parallel-ising screws to either side first as well as the locking screw at 90° beforehand, as well as removing the flexible (sic) o-washers from the corner retaining screws.

Whilst you're there, you may want to reseat the brushed aluminium collar. There are three grub screws. Loosen, shake/twist and tighten each with the telescope objective pointing downward gradually until home.

The combination above should get you -and keep you- as square as SkyWatcher allow.

HTH

I appreciate your help but this doesn't sound like something I want to attempt just yet. Good chance I'll make things worse :(

If clear tonight, I'll have another go and see if having the locking bolt loose works again.

Still trying to work out if the data I got last night is worthy of being joined with my previous data. Then I'll double check tilt/slop in the results. Maybe subs too?

2 hours ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

close enough to not worry too much about?

Hi
It would be very difficult for us to say without having seen the image which was produced as a result.
My advice would be to always look at the final images. Never the numbers. Then, and only then, decide whether you  think it's OK.
You're doing great.
Cheers

Edited by alacant
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, alacant said:

Hi
It would be very difficult for us to say without having seen the image which was produced as a result.
My advice would be to always look at the final images. Never the numbers. Then, and only then, decide whether you  think it's OK.
You're doing great.
Cheers

ill do a quick process on the stack image just from last night. soon as i get a chance. i appreciate the encouragement. 

ok below is a process of all the half decent and better subs from last night. just a quick stretch, no starnet, no crop, etc also same version but with the sensor tilt estimator thingy showing. i think there is a slight eggyness in the bottom right had side, but i'd be happy if it stayed consistently like this. i think. 

alicantequickstretch.thumb.jpg.9bc28de1fcad438dd07c0dfdce763adb.jpg

lastnightquickstretchalicanteestimatesensortiltsiril.thumb.JPG.4cc19da40123799e6261bdd329180fcf.JPG

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
  • Like 1