Motor focuser for a Mak

Posted (edited)

I don't know if this is the right place to put this , if you own a MAK and want to fit a motor to focus with there is a guy called Vasco Riberio and he makes fitting kits for all SW maks 

The kit has mounting brackets  a gear for the motor and one for the focuser and a belt , he has good reviews 

So if you want a kit this is the email address

vascomsribeiro@gmail.com

Edited by Neil H
  • Like 4

Or for finer control fit a dual speed Crawford focuser to the visual back and then fit the Skywatcher focus motor to that , it also eliminates any mirror movement whilst adjusting focus.

Top guy just have to wait for it  , I do have a duel speed Crawford focuser fitted as well but I don't find mirror flop to bad but it's still fairly new I got it as it came up at a good price  on here 

Thank you for your reference to my work. The idea was to have a light, cheap bracket for the SW motor, while keeping it as original as possible, to use anywhere (as I did previously for the MAK127). Also, it is versatile to accept the ZWO EAF (with a proper kit), with a belt or direct drive, for intermediate users.