NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First try on the Iris nebula (NGC 7023)

My first attempt at a nebula, did fairly well, but I still need more data on it. The core was a challenge, pretty bright, but fiddling with pixinsight I was able to get a decent image

Astrobin Link

iris.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I reckon you could try stretching this more, show the dirty dust clouds. 

You have amazing detail and colour  in the nebula, might contrast with dust incredibly well.

Edited by TiffsAndAstro

1 hour ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

I reckon you could try stretching this more, show the dirty dust clouds. 

You have amazing detail and colour  in the nebula, might contrast with dust incredibly well.

I tried it but it needed excessive stretching, so I guess it needs a little more data. Also some L data wouldn't hurt. 

• Like 1

Really lovely capture 

I don’t have very dark skies, bottle 6 and I’ve always thought I’d love to capture this part of the sky but I’m never sure it would be worth the effort. 
you've achieved a fab image for your first attempt, can I ask, how dark are your skies? 

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan 

5 hours ago, assouptro said:

Really lovely capture 

I don’t have very dark skies, bottle 6 and I’ve always thought I’d love to capture this part of the sky but I’m never sure it would be worth the effort. 
you've achieved a fab image for your first attempt, can I ask, how dark are your skies? 

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan 

I'm in B 5 so give it a go!

• Like 1

Lovely. The full size shows really good resolution and your stars are seriously tight.

You might get more faint stuff from the present shoot. Do you use NoiseXterminator? It is a game changer when it comes to stretching faint stuff.

Olly