NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

anyone know where I can buy a 60-tooth gear that's 1" in diameter?

This is apparently the "M-006" spur gear for the Feathertouch MSM30 motor. Mine is missing that gear and so I can't use the motor.

All of the usual online suppliers don't have a gear in this size... I don't think I could 3D print such a gear, the teeth are tiny (modulus 0.423mm to be exact).

6 hours ago, orly_andico said:

I don't think I could 3D print such a gear, the teeth are tiny (modulus 0.423mm to be exact).

You could probably print it with MSLA printer, however, resin is not the best material for gears. If workloads are small and it's not constantly rotating (I'm guessing that is motor focuser we are talking about?) - then you'll probably be fine with using resin 3d printed gear - just make sure you have tough type of resin and not one for miniature models.

Starlight Instruments eventually replied and said they don't have any parts as the motor was discontinued 3-4 years ago. It does seem that Starizona (which made the Microtouch motor controller) may have something, so fingers crossed...