Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 6888

Posted (edited)

I finally got a clear night and decided to add OIII to the Ha I previously collected for the Crescent Nebula.  The decision was easy, becuase after this clear night it is forecasted to rain for a week.  So, I decided to maximize the utility of a single night.  This waay I could render a bicolor image instaed of collecting just another nights worth of mono that I wouldn't be able complete as an image for a long time.  Seeing was poor, but seeing for the Ha was decent.  I need much more of both to achieve what I envision, but this is a decent start.  I always have trouble with background in bicolor images, and this one is no exception.  Its not terrible, ust not as full as it should be.  I am kind of stuck becuase I really don't like this target in the SHO palette.  I like this one in Ha-OIII, which mimics RGB.  Some nebula just have to be reddish/blueish IMO.  I botched up the framing a bit.  I wanted the soap bubble to be further in the frame.  However, the FOV is restricted and if I pushed it further to the right, the main  target wouldf be too close to the right hand edge.  I need a 2600 camera.

TOA 130 and ASI 1600. Ha: 37 300sec; OIII: 52 300 sec.  About 7.5 hours.  Need to triple it.

z2.thumb.jpg.e8135bb35dda253e857a298e79d87c21.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 15

4 minutes ago, Whistlin Bob said:

That's really lovely- I especially like the clarity on the Oxygen bubble.

Thanks Bob.  I find this target to me amazing.  I stll can';t believe we can take pictures of such things. 

• Like 1

I like the colour on this one (top)......looking back on my own from some years back, I now think I oversaturated it. I much prefer yours - rich but subtle in its own way.

1 hour ago, Kinch said:

I like the colour on this one (top)......looking back on my own from some years back, I now think I oversaturated it. I much prefer yours - rich but subtle in its own way.

Thanks Brendan.  I need much more data. I like the crescent, but the background is lacking