Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Miracles of Auriga again - SHO.

Posted (edited)

Hi,

After a longer time, I think presenting some DSO images would be nice, at least for myself.  :)  I learned an SHO post-processing for around half a year and I still cannot say that I know enough, we learn all the time. I watched a lot of YT tutorials and compiled the knowledge into a digestible form, so hopefully, I can keep this level. 😊 

Miracles of Auriga - 2024.01.05-01.09 - SHO

It was my first image created using a mono camera and narrowband filters. After many approaches to the data, I'm finally satisfied with the latest revision.

Askar FMA230, Optolong 2" SHO, ASI 2600MM-Pro @ Celestron CGX;
18h of total integration time: 71x300s SII, 74x300s Ha, 71x300s OIII; Gain 101, Offset 50, -10°C;
NINA, PixInsight;
Liverpool, Bortle 9.

https://www.astrobin.com/r1dnj8/K/

Auriga1_Combined_Resampled_4.thumb.jpg.d5d153f2ba6b1cd4bf3075434c3ca19f.jpg

Auriga2_Starless_Resampled_4.thumb.jpg.773a6004caca76ce1a9c20b104d932ad.jpg

Edited by Vroobel
  • Like 15

Beautiful image, well done. I haven't done any SHO imaging (processing) but from that image I'd say you have a really good command of it. 

Jim 

• Thanks 1

Me too; that is a very impressive image! In fact, I think it's the best image I've seen of that nebula, period. Including the actual Hubble image. And from Bortle 9, no less. Very cool.

• Thanks 1