Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Interesting Comparison AM5 Vs EQ5

I’ve been searching the net for an internal image/s of the internals of a Strain wave mount for my next project, this Russian chap has opened his mount up and you can see and watch the internals at work.

Looks like the electromagnetic brake is on the rear of one of the steppers.

Interesting stuff... 

• Like 3

Nice link, Guy! The automatic translation feature helped me to understand most of what author was saying. This should be an interesting video for anyone who is curious about the innards of an AM5  

Don

• Like 1

On 22/05/2024 at 03:09, Celerondon said:

Nice link, Guy! The automatic translation feature helped me to understand most of what author was saying. This should be an interesting video for anyone who is curious about the innards of an AM5  

Don

I was shocked its only running a 35mm Nema 14's,  shows how much torque the Strain Wave makes, guess my next alt az DIY mount using Nema 17 will handle a C11, ive already drawn most of it up with Autocad, haven't decided on the material,I'm thinking 5mm steel to reduce cost but give it better vibration absorbency, its Alt-Az so its not like it has to pick its own weight up. The Strain waves are £135 each plus vat and import duty.