NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC6188 - The southern beauty

I always wanted to be able to image NGC6188 (The Fighting Dragons nebula) but, it never rises high enough to be able to acquire adequate data and make justice of it.  After a thorough research, I've managed to find Martin Pugh's website (I hope I do not break any forum rules here) https://www.martinpughastrophotography.space and I bought a 2-panel data set - I think it was about 30 hrs of data.

If I am not mistaken the data was acquired via a Planewave CDK17 + full frame camera (not sure which model) and I would say the quality was excellent (at least in my eyes), although the dataset seem to be from 2019.

Here is my iteration of this nebula, fully processed in PI and PS - I will admit that I am very happy with it. I hope you enjoy it as well.

Fighting Dragons Final.jpg

• Like 12

Great job! If it helps to reassure you, I recently purchased a dataset from Martin for NGC 1365, a beautiful barred spiral galaxy which also cannot be imaged from the UK. I posted the processed image on SGL with no adverse feedback, if you acknowledge that it’s purchased data, I can’t see why folks would object.

• Like 1

Wow this nebula is beautiful and honestly seems like something out of a space scifi film likg Guardians of the Galaxy, amazing processing!.

• Like 1