NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Can I see your outdoor laptop sun shade.

I have an idea of what I'm going to make to keep the sun off the lappy screen when solar imaging but id be interested to see what other people are using. Iv seem some on Amazon £40ish. Not going to spend much at all.... will get a bit blue peter and knock something up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dunc78 said:

I have an idea of what I'm going to make to keep the sun off the lappy screen when solar imaging but id be interested to see what other people are using. Iv seem some on Amazon £40ish. Not going to spend much at all.... will get a bit blue peter and knock something up. 

Plastic storage container turn on its side?

26 minutes ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

Plastic storage container turn on its side?

+1 for the storage container. Mine is grey so little light can come in through the sides plus I have cut out some slots on short sides to pass cables through. In addition, I have two large beach towel pegs and a black sheet. The sheet goes over the container and is pegged down on the table it sits on. I then put the sheet over my head and can see the screen fine. It’s all close enough to the scope so I can reach the scope and focus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is what I use when I’m having to make adjustments to the image train/flats/tuning the etalon. I find standing helps and you can place yourself up close to the mount with the Pulse stand.

The iCap hood unzips and stores flat, this is the mid size and easily holds a laptop. Slots run down each side so you can pass through cables.

IMG_8820.thumb.jpeg.16826f310fab34ba99e0d9bc3586ff0c.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1