Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Yet another Howie Glatter attachment cause I'm a cheapskate

Dave_D

So anyway, something that's actually useful to me. A while ago I made a version of the Howie Glatter Tublug. It kind of worked except the convex lens used to diverge the laser could move very slightly in the housing causing the projected laser circle to be off axis from where it should be, which wasn't illuminating the centre dot on the primary correctly. This print works perfectly though. It just slips over the small dot adaptor which screws into the laser body. The big advantage of the tublug is that you can collimate while at the primary, this is a bit more awkward as I have to stand up, look at collimation and then go back to the primary but no biggie, my knees will have to cope with it.  Still using the same 17mm diameter plano-convex lens out of an old cheapo plossl, haven't a clue what the focal length is but it works.

Also, Just made a decent container for the laser and batteries. Lid and box each have 4 neodymium magnets embedded in the part to keep the lid on. Had to manually insert the pause command into my gcode at the correct place as the anycubic slicer doesn't have pause on layer.  Did the outer walls with fuzzy skin with the settings dropped down to 0.1mm which gives a really nice finish which is very close to the texture of the build plate on my kobra 2 max. quite happy with this.

IMG_20240414_201612_321.jpg

IMG_20240414_201619_032.jpg

IMG_20240414_201659_119.jpg

IMG_20240427_080350_698.jpg

• Like 1