NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What is this screw for?

evostar_72ed_apo_6.jpg.c5da21031a3a01f25ff4ef1efae897fe.jpgThe one sticking up from the top of the rear tube ring?

It looks terrible and might take someone's eye out ;)

Can I get a cap to cover it or unscrew it with out damaging it or the scope ring?

I don't like my guider being on the finder scope bracket but it seems to work ok. I assume I could leave the screw in, put another in the front ring and mount a clamp to put the guidesscope on in future?

Edited by TiffsAndAstro

Just now, TiffsAndAstro said:

Sadly I only have one dslr

Is it possible to remove it and put it back later?

you can remove it but risk damaging the thread unless you have two nuts to put on and lock then unscrew

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

you can remove it but risk damaging the thread unless you have two nuts to put on and lock then unscrew

ill give it a go. if i break it i can probably get another if i need it. i was hoping if i took the ring off and looked underneath/other side of the screw it would have a phillips or flat had groove :)

ty all sorry for asking a silly question, but i was keen to make sure removing it wouldn't effect anything. 

there was a crosshead on the end of it inside the scope ring and it looks much sleeker now :)

• Like 1