Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finally!! My own obsy!!

After a few years of wondering where I could fit one, I finally worked out an unobtrusive position for my mini observatory! Cost, as always was the issue for me, so I settled on patio storage as the solution! This box was £50 from Argos. Power (atm) comes from my trusty power bank, now charged and always ready for use, from my 25w solar panel (£50 from Amazon). My HEQ5 has legs removed, but is stable with ankle weights adding some extra stability too. After 3 years of use I’ve also switched from Ekos to NINA which was a dream to set up with CdC as my planetarium. I created a horizon file this morning using the horizon plugin in NINA which is applied also in CdC. I’m even using the DSLR focus plugin within NINA which works brilliantly! No full auto focus now, but that’s a small price to pay and I might convert my Astroberry focuser to a MyFocuser at some point as I already have an arduino at hand. I remote in to my old Win10 Thinkpad controlling it all using RDC.  Just need some clear skies now to try it all out properly! Next stage is to add an actuator for auto open and close! Well chuffed as it all came in just over £120 including the cabling. Obviously I had the Astro kit already! 😊

IMG_3092.jpeg

IMG_3093.jpeg

IMG_3094.jpeg

Edited by Dazzyt66
  • Like 6