NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Upgrade the ED80.

Hello, Currently I use an ED80 refractor, with which I observe visually from my backyard, especially the Moon and doubles and planets, the rest of the objects due to light pollution I do not observe.... The truth is, I would like to upgrade to a larger telescope, without being huge, with more resolution than the ED80 for planets and the Moon. To notice a difference about the ED80, in your opinion what telescope could it be? I prefer it to be a telescope that is not too bulky or heavy, short, the mount I have is a celestron nexstar SE, I had thought about a 4" or 5" Mak...maybe? or a SC C5.. maybe a C6..? Although I don't like collimating telescopes... thank you so much Tico

7 minutes ago, tico said:
Hello,
Currently I use an ED80 refractor, with which I observe visually from my backyard, especially the Moon and doubles and planets, the rest of the objects due to light pollution I do not observe....
The truth is, I would like to upgrade to a larger telescope, without being huge, with more resolution than the ED80 for planets and the Moon. To notice a difference about the ED80, in your opinion what telescope could it be?
I prefer it to be a telescope that is not too bulky or heavy, short, the mount I have is a celestron nexstar SE, I had thought about a 4" or 5" Mak...maybe? or a SC C5.. maybe a C6..? Although I don't like collimating telescopes...
thank you so much
Tico

Skymax 150 would be my choice for planets. C6 would be ok but I think the skymax would be better. 

Adam