Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kydex

It's the material that is used on the UTA of Obsessions for example and it's also used to make light shields which is what I want it for.

Want to make one for my Dob.

Cheers Mick the second one was more helpful, couldn't make head nor tail of the first site ;)

Peter I suppose you could use anything similar, I'm not desperate after all by the time I get the dob out again I'll probably be to old to climb the ladder to look through it :icon_rolleyes::)

Check out my avatar Peter, I was thinking of making a shield for the UTA to keep stray light out and also help to keep the secondary dew free.

Like the one you can see in this pic

post-13336-133877371114_thumb.jpg

Here you go m8, I've added a piccy for ya :icon_rolleyes:

Ooops see above

UTA (Upper Tube Assembly) or the big round bit on the top as my other half calls it.

It's worth a try and no stupid postage from the US haven't got much to loose really it might be worth getting a sheet of 0.5, 1.0 and 1.5 as the postage will likely be the same if you get it all the same time... its always handy stuff to have around...especailly if they have a minimum order...

Peter

Archived