Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

celestron AVX mount and hand control

It means that the motor controller boards aren't responding. Check that you have the correct power supply of 12v and 2.5A as low power input can cause this error. Also check all your connections and cables are tight and secure. This can be a costly error and is fairly common with AVX mounts.

9 hours ago, bosun21 said:

It means that the motor controller boards aren't responding. Check that you have the correct power supply of 12v and 2.5A as low power input can cause this error. Also check all your connections and cables are tight and secure. This can be a costly error and is fairly common with AVX mounts.

Thanks bosun21, at the moment i run power via ASI AIR UNIT .i will try a direct power supply to the mount. Thanks for your help.

I have had error 17 with my SLT mount, which was caused by corrupt firmware and fixed by re-flashing the mount firmware. 

I have also read advice to the effect that mounts should not be powered via the ASIAIR.

Thanks cosmic geoff, i did wonder if it needed updating although i have done so not long ago. i have changed powering each unit individually which at the moment seems to help.