Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Quick rough and ready Medusa!

Well with a rare Clear night apart from the moon! I had to have ago at something so after a quick search for anything but a gallaxy! ( Not a fan of doing them ) so I found this target The Medusa Nebula. I know its small but didnt relise how faint it was . This is 109 x 60s subs, could do with a lot more time than that but with the weather the way it is I dont think that is going to happen.

53607937934_36d62e297f_b.jpg

C and C welcome

Thanks for looking.

• Like 1

An attractive nebula, nicely done.

Things I might look at would be 1) noise - StarXterminator is so effective. 2) Colour noise in the background sky. It's quite 'colour busy' and just selecting the background and reducing saturation might make a difference.

Olly

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

An attractive nebula, nicely done.

Things I might look at would be 1) noise - StarXterminator is so effective. 2) Colour noise in the background sky. It's quite 'colour busy' and just selecting the background and reducing saturation might make a difference.

Olly

Thanks Olly for the pointers, its all a bit rough and ready as an image and needs a lot more time on target. It was just out  of desperation that I went for the target at all. Would you belive its a clear night here again tonight but I have work in the morning so no play time. I will have ago at reproccessing the image as my old school reports used to say....Must try harder! ...

• Like 1