Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Night Out this Year!

Lurcher

Hi All,

Apologies for not posting anything in absolutely ages. I need to get better at keeping in contact with everyone here.

The weather has been so appalling this year, it's been quite dispiriting; but I finally got out for a short while before the clouds rolled in again last Friday. (Sorry this is a week late).

It felt so good to get out again after so long though. Even though it was just for an hour or two.

I felt really quite rusty at everything, so the sketches are nothing amazing, but I enjoyed seeing NGC 2683, (the UFO Galaxy, apparently), and Leo's double-double.

The moon was already quite bright last Friday, but NGC 2683 still stood out quite well.

I'm also really enjoying using my  old12" SkyWatcher Flextube again. It hasn't been operating at all well for some time, but last year I took it to pieces and cleaned the needle bearings, and since then  it's been working really well. 

Looking forward to the next clear night now!

Cheers all.

2024-03-15_ngc sao.jpg

• Like 9

7 hours ago, josefk said:

nice - i like the soft star glow and colours in the Leo double double.

Thank you for noticing  and  mentioning that! I was trying something new there! 

• Like 1