Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Questions about fitting a ZWO EAF to a Stellamira 90 ED

Hi All.

I've just picked up one of these second hand and I am having some trouble fitting a ZWO EAF to the focuser.  Looking at pictures online I need to remove the right hand coarse focuser knob in the picture below, however this knob doesn't have any grub screws in it (both the coarse and fine on the other side do) so I can't seem to see how it comes off.  The EAF is supposed to be fitted to that side from what I've seen so I must be missing something obvious.

Thanks.

MM

image.thumb.jpeg.06c6d777f097e2daf78a05739faa8abb.jpeg

You access the screws that hold the coarse knob on via the small hole closest to the coarse knob. If you rotate the knob while looking in this hole you will see two screws 180 degrees apart. There's normally a small grub screw in this hole, it's probably fallen out!

Thats assuming the focuser is the same as my Altairastro refractors. It certainly looks very similar.

Anne

Edited by Anne S
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Anne S said:

You access the screws that hold the coarse knob on via the small hole closest to the coarse knob. If you rotate the knob while looking in this hole you will see two screws 180 degrees apart. There's normally a small grub screw in this hole, it's probably fallen out!

Thats assuming the focuser is the same as my Altairastro refractors. It certainly looks very similar.

Anne

Thanks.

I had just figured this out from a video for another scope but good to have the confirmation!

MM

So returning to this I tried to follow the advice but the grub screw seems to be loose and on the side (see pictures).  I can kind of get it back in the hole but I can't get the focuser knob off.  It seems the grub screw on the other side has a stripped head or at least I can't get anything to get purchase on it.

At a bit of a loss now.

MM

image.thumb.jpeg.c163f4bbf156f5e21172f7b0ee18e0ea.jpeg