Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Image what?

So, I want to create a list of targets for the period between April - August for my imaging rig that is set in Granada/ Spain. Restricted by the short focal length (300mm @ f4.9): WO Redact 61 + ASI2600MM + LRGBSHO filters but, benefited by the quality of the dark skies (SQM 21.5+/ Bottle 1/2) and the fact that I can image from 26 degrees upwards.

Happy to do projects that require multiple nights on one target & I love SHO projects 😉

Currently working on the Leo Triplet on LRGB - I probably have close to 20 hrs on it already and recently processed M81/82 as well.

So, any ideas or suggestions will be highly appreciated - thanks in advance.

Sky Safari is also very useful for this in terms of what is visible, you can also change times/dates very easily to see where they are in the sky by exact time, day, month, year.

Thank you @Elp & @symmetal - i am indeed using these tools but, both those tools will not provide less common or obvious, i would say, targets. Also, i thought i would ask in case there are little hidden gems out there that again might not be the 1st choice for imaging.

The spring is a lean time for short focal lengths but mosaics in the Coma-Virgo cluster can be fun. Sooo many galaxies!  Once the southern Milky Way starts to come up in early summer you can't go wrong. We're at Lat 44 and you'll be south of that but, even here, we get four hours of darkness in June. You can work through the year.  I'd look at the Eagle and Swan, Sagittarius triplet, The Great Sagittarius Star Cloud, Rho Ophiuchus...

Olly

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

The spring is a lean time for short focal lengths but mosaics in the Coma-Virgo cluster can be fun. Sooo many galaxies!  Once the southern Milky Way starts to come up in early summer you can't go wrong. We're at Lat 44 and you'll be south of that but, even here, we get four hours of darkness in June. You can work through the year.  I'd look at the Eagle and Swan, Sagittarius triplet, The Great Sagittarius Star Cloud, Rho Ophiuchus...

Olly

Great! 🙂 You made it sound so exciting. Added in the list!

Edited by AstroGS