Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SNR G114.3+0.3 and several Sharpless objects east of the Bubble

gorann

I realized that the area east of the Bubble and Lobster Claw nebulae are rather seldom imaged, including some objects from the Sharpless catalogue inhabiting that region. So I had a go at it the other night. Then I remembered that I had data from 2021 that I could add to the right of the image, making it a 2-panel mosaic with quite a bit of overlap. There are nine Sharpless objects in the image, from Sh2-157 to Sh2-166.

What I did not know I would find is the faint arch-like Oiii and Ha emitting structure up to the left (encircling Sh2-165). Searching the SNR catalogue (https://www.mrao.cam.ac.uk/surveys/snrs/snrs.data.html) I found that it belongs to the supernova remnant SNR G114.3+0.3. I have not seen any clear optical image showing this SNR so this may be the first one, It is described in this paper: https://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1997AJ....113..767F
I attach a starless crop that more clearly shows SNR G114.3+0.3:

Totally about 8 hours of data collected with RASA8 and ASI2600MC with IDAS NBZ dual-band (Ha+Oiii) filter. Processed in PI and PS.

Cheers & CS, Göran

20240306 East of Bubble mosaic PS1smallSign.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 09.34.56.png

20240307 SNR G114.3+0.3 crop copy.jpg

Edited by gorann
  • Like 9