Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wireless com ports

uwr.thumb.jpg.e0ef1f2ef325d2dee2f9aab841f96fd1.jpgHi

This may be off interest to some

I have gone down the route of a mini pc mounted on the scope to keep the cables down and the usb3 cables short as well

but my mesu 200 is run by a serial port as well as my cloud watcher - you could argue that its only 1 more cable down , but who wants a easy life :)

I found these online usr w610 and took a punt , happy to say they work , does require a software driver to emulate a com port - but so far so good

Now have wirless everthing - well except the power cable

cheers

Harry

• Like 1

Harry, so what is mounted on the scope end? So do you have one of these mounted on the scope to which the camera, focuser, mount etc plugs into and then that wifi connects to the receiving units shown in your photo above? How many USB connection does it handle?

Jim 

Edited by saac

Hi

These only create 1 com port each hence 2 required for the mesu and cloudwather

The mini pc connects by wifi to these , I also have a Pegasus Astro Ultimate Powerbox v3 attached to that to run everthing else power wise

they are only for connecting the mini pc by wifi to the 2 com ports

Harry

• Like 1

Thanks for that, I can see how that works. Useful bit of kit indeed. Just checked out your web site and liked your tutorial on selective colour saturation, i'll be giving that a try soon.  Thanks again. :) 

JIm