Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Protective case for Lightbridge secondary mirror

Doc

Nice one Mick and indeed have already bagged a large vitamin cannister for the very same mod. Right now, it's a plastic bag (not touching mirror of course) but as the scope is still in dry dock it hardly matters.

What are you using to protect the primary ? On the Yahoo LB group a lot of people are using planter trays, dustbin lids and so on but after 3 hrs trawling around DIY shops and garden centres,I cannot find the right diameter to fit into the LTA

Mine came with a white plastic dustbin type lid for the primary. it's got cut outs that fit snugly over the clips.

Btw I was thinking Vitamin cannister as well.

Is it worth taping a piece of nylon cord to the bottle to stop it heading for the primary if you drop it and perpas a samll silica gel pack in the bottom?

Good ideas Peter.

Thanks

The vitamin cannister sounds good. Serves two purposes: 1) Eat the vitamins to give you the strength to move the 16" around.

2) Use empty container to protect the secondary.

;):):)

LOL :icon_rolleyes:

Mick, I've also got the white plastic lid for the primary, but I was thinking of something a little more substantial in addition to that to go over the lower OTA.

A dustbin lid does the job from Homebase but it's £42 and comes with a dustbin I don't need *(unless of course, it becomes the new OTA for a project telescope !)

Archived