Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nina arithmethic overflow operation error

Hi id like to know few things, some days ago i started to use nina for the first time and so i have no real experience with it, except this i have a whole fuctional rig, in fact usually my average tracking is below 0.2" as tot error or 0.5/0.6" as rms, even tho im loading 8kgs on a 12.7 kg payload mount, still this aint the issue, ive got the first issues when i tried the 3 star PA and many times it failed to platesolve, i guess it was because dslr gain was too low and even exposure and later on i fixed it, the real issue lies here, when i wanted to go image m1 and sent the pulse to slew and center, nina istantly told me as error arithmethic overflow operation, and if i wouldve ignored me platesolve wouldve told me no stars in field of view, now a thing i noticed yesterday was that i set the wrong camera parameters but it was because tbh wasnt specified very well, no measuring unit asked so i didnt know if it wanted to know pixels in whidt and height or size in mm, however yesterday i fixed this too, now unluckly i its always rainy and cloudy but idk if changing the parameters would allow the pulse to arrive regularly without giving issues, even because if i sent just the pulse from nina to mount to slew it wouldve worked! I'll attach a log abt that session, please let me know, i really have no idea how to get over this.

Thats supposed to be the part of the nina log where the issue is:

024-02-21T21:08:14.1196|ERROR|AscomTelescope.cs|SlewToCoordinates|717

ASCOM.DriverException: Overflow di un'operazione aritmetica. ---> System.OverflowException: Overflow di un'operazione aritmetica.

in ASCOM.iOptron2017.Telescope.(Boolean )

in ASCOM.iOptron2017.Telescope.SlewToTargetAsync()

--- Fine della traccia dello stack dell'eccezione interna ---

in ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CheckDotNetExceptions(String memberName, Exception e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:riga 637

in ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.MethodTargetInvocationExceptionHandler(String memberName, Exception e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:riga 685

in ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CallMember(Int32 memberCode, String memberName, Type[] parameterTypes, Object[] parms) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:riga 421

in ASCOM.DriverAccess.Telescope.SlewToCoordinatesAsync(Double RightAscension, Double Declination) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\Telescope.cs:riga 1216

in Castle.DynamicProxy.AbstractInvocation.Proceed()

in Castle.DynamicProxy.AbstractInvocation.Proceed()

in NINA.Equipment.Equipment.MyTelescope.AscomTelescope.<SlewToCoordinates>d__143.MoveNext() in C:\Projects\nina\NINA.Equipment\Equipment\MyTelescope\AscomTelescope.cs:riga 0

• 1 month later...

Hi Pier

Looks like a problem (bug?) in the ASCOM driver software and not NINA itself. Have you the latest ASCOM platform and drivers for your equipment.

If i'm reading it correctly the error works from bottom to top.... meaning the error appears from ASCOM.iOptron2017.Telescope BUT fails further down with the move in NINA.

Regards :)