Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ6 Handset with HEQ5...

Hi All,

I've got an EQ6 on my pier, and am thinking about an HEQ5 for a porta mount. I do want to use EQMOD for the '5, and possibily even the handset.

Does anyone know of a 9pin D-sub to RJ45 converter so that I can use the EQ6 cables or the EQ6 handset with the HEQ5?

Thanks,

Richie

Because then I cannot use the EQMOD cable I have - my EQMOD cable is from Pierre-Astro, and goes from USB straight to 9 pin D-Sub.

I also do not know whether the handset cable to HEQ5 is a straight through pin-for-pin cable - does anyone have or know where to get the pin-outs for the HEQ5 and EQ6 handset?

I suppose the Q is 'will it work'?

Cheers,

Richie

"Because then I cannot use the EQMOD cable I have - my EQMOD cable is from Pierre-Astro, and goes from USB straight to 9 pin D-Sub."

Ah !!

The cable from H/set to HEQ5 IS a straight thru RJ45 (I've tested this) and used a data cable before now instead of the short curly thing, so you could always resort to USB-serial adapter and data cable with H/set in PC-Direct mode.

Hmmm - excellent :icon_rolleyes:

Thats what I wanted to know - it'll work that way, but I hear the handsets are tempremental in the cold?

I suppose it should therefore be possible to check the pinouts from the HEQ5 to the ones from the EQ6.

Cheers,

Richie

Archived