Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Repair or junk it?

Hello All,

Out last night testing the new EQ6 Syntrek mount, well impressed with it. Had a slight problem with my best, to date, eye peice.;)

I thought I could see some marks on the lense so as per the barlow and the eyepeices supplied with the scope I unscrewed the chrome bit to clean the lense...:icon_rolleyes: the lenses fell out! I didn't realise the chrome bit secured them in place. It's a meade QX wide angle 20mm jobbie.

Trying to put them back in and one jammed. Tried to tap it out against my hand and it developed a crack!

The eyepeice is now ruined.

Any idea if the lenses can be purchased or is it a lost cause?

Regards

All

Keithp

I think you will have to write that one off Keith. The only company I know who will provide replacement lenses is Tele Vue and you have to send your eyepiece to their USA offices to have that done as they have to be carefully matched and fitted.

On the brighter side, you can pick up near clones of the Meade QX's relatively cheaply:

Super Wide-angle 20mm | Super Wide Angle | Eyepieces | Astronomica

John

Cheers for the link John, I have sent an email to meade asking if they would supply the lens, I'll wait and hope on that one.

That link to Astronomica looks good though and what a price difference, almost half as cheap. Does anyone have any experience of these?

Regards

Keithp

Keep the unbroken parts and play around with them. depending on the function of that broken lens, you may have a workable ep albeit of a different focal length and quality. You might have some fun with it.

Archived