Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Thor's helmet - old data new rendition.

Kinch

This one is a mix of NBRGB Combination and Foraxx palette images. (Data from 2018 - 6 Years ago!   .........  Never throw out your old data 😉
NGC 2359 (also known as Thor's Helmet) is an emission nebula in the constellation Canis Major. The nebula is approximately 3,670 parsecs (11.96 thousand light years) away and 30 light-years in size. The central star is the Wolf-Rayet star WR7, an extremely hot giant thought to be in a brief pre-supernova stage of evolution. It is similar in nature to the Bubble Nebula, but interactions with a nearby large molecular cloud are thought to have contributed to the more complex shape and curved bow-shock structure of Thor's Helmet.
Data from 6 years ago - processed again 06Feb24.
Imaging telescopes or lenses: Takahashi FSQ130ED
Imaging cameras: QSI 6120
Mounts: Takahashi EM 400 Temma 2M
Astrodon R 12 x 10'
Astrodon G 12 x 10'
Astrodon B 12 x 10'
Astrodon Ha 14 x 20'
Astrodon OIII 13 x 20'
Total Time: 15 Hours.

NBRGB+Foraxx Sign (21x14).jpg

• Like 15

I have updated my image - used R Crowman's BlurX to sharpen things up some. I cannot see how to just replace the above image - but maybe no harm.....so that a comparison can be made between the two.

NBRGB+Foraxx RC Sign (21x14).jpg

• Like 5

Indeed - All the info says to use it on unstretched images only......but I find, one can also use it on JPEG images with reasonable success.