SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M42 The Orion Nebula AA26C

Okay folks, don't laugh but this is the first time I've used an OSC camera. I bought it quite a few months ago but only just started to use it. It's a new learning curve as I've only used a canon all but briefly and many years ago an MX7c I think it was called, also very briefly. I've been using planetary cameras for some time so know a little about processing but not got to grips with taking flats and bias or darks, etc. So this is a stack of an integration time of around 10mins with various exposures from 10sec, 40sec and 60sec. I stacked using DSS and tweaked in Photoshop CS2 (an old copy now). 

Taken with a C11 @ f6.3 on an Eq8 R Pro mount and Altair Astro 26C camera. I know I am going to have to take flats in the future but just wanted to test the camera combo with the C11 and f6.3 focal reducer. I also add that this was unguided as I've also got to get to grips with setting up the off axis guider and control of all that too.  

Tweaked a little in photoshop to try and get rid of the vignetting cus I forgot to take flats, lol. Beginners mistake. 

M42-20240130NigellaBryant-3.thumb.png.b96ffa9bd1647b57e1c750425447f69b~5.png

M42-20240130NigellaBryant-3.thumb.png.b96ffa9bd1647b57e1c750425447f69b~4.png

• Like 5