NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Advanced warning... stupid questions to follow...

Psychobilly

I have ditched the Opticstar and Swapped it for a DMK21AU04.AS...

An I am now finding out how quickly this little beast can eat up disk space at 60fps... Forgot to bring my external HDD home from work so I am usign 4GB memory sticks to shuffle the data back and fore between the lappy and the main PC...

I'll post some pics in here fairly soon....(hopefully)

Peter....

Well here's firstlight and the first time I have got anything worth posting out of Registrax...

Some part of the moon - you'll have to put up with my ignorance...- dragged out of a boiling mass through high cloud...

DMK21AU04.AS CPC800 at f6.3 Baader UV/IR Cut 590 of 1000 frames at 60fps... Registrax5 on "full auto"... I better learn how to drive it...

[ATTACH]21883[/ATTACH]

Peter...

Very nice result with that DMK Peter... The three craters on the right of the sea are Theophilus, Cyrilis and Katherina, good sharp detail and nicely processed in Regi... you using Regi 5 ?

Yes V5... and just let it auto everything and a few tweaks of the wavelet sliders.. don't really know what I am doing with it .. so its art more than science at the moment...

I will now make an effort to learn my way around Luna... seeing as she has finally let me get past first base :icon_rolleyes:

Peter....

:icon_rolleyes:... Sounds familiar Peter... That's my normal regi 5 processing too ;).

Virtual Moon Atlas is really good, and there's a book I got, New Atlas of the Moon, I find very good...

I have the pro version installed on here...an I think I'll laminate my moon map and sticki up in the obs... got the philps book as welll so now that I have a camera which looks like it will get me some reasonable images I will have something to do on those brighter nights...

Peter...

Hehehe, the lunar bug biting Peter. Like you say, at least when the moon washes the rest of the sky out you will remain out there imaging something.

The more you look at the moon, the more you realise it has loads to offer. Nice capture.

carl

Cant wait for the conditons that will "allow" f10, f20, f30..... but i'll start off on all fours before tryign to stand upright...

Looks like the latest collimation tweaks might have made another small improvement... at least with the DMK I can see if theres an "improvement" i just hoping tonights forecast is right...

Talking of collimation The DMK also works a treat with Metaguide so I am hoping the combination of The DMK, Metaguide and the 5 pinhole LED star will let me get it even better...

Peter..

Archived