SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Moonwalkers with Tom Hanks

Gfamily

Went to see the current show at Lightroom behind Kings Cross station in London.

It's The Moonwalkers with Tom Hanks, and covers the Moon landings of Apollo and the hopes for Artemis' return on the next few years.

We'd previously seen a Hockney exhibition at Lightroom, and it was a novel and fairly impressive way of having an exhibition, but this was way better than that. 

A selection of images attached reduced_GridArt_20240203_185742710.thumb.jpg.1b6010c0a8e6e23930abd12b0269ba2d.jpg

• Like 5

For those that don't know, the images are projected at a hall sized scale on 4 walls and the floor to make an immersive impact.

If you have an Art Pass it makes it relatively affordable. 

That looks amazing. We are planning a visit to London this summer but sadly this ends In Jun otherwise it would be getting added to the list of things to do. 

Jim 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 03/02/2024 at 20:09, saac said:

That looks amazing. We are planning a visit to London this summer but sadly this ends In Jun otherwise it would be getting added to the list of things to do. 

Jim 

Ding ding ding (alert for Jim) 

Update - The run has been extended to October.  From 19th June it'll be showing Wednesday pm to Saturday until 13th October. 

I think it's still worth adding to your list   https://lightroom.uk/whats-on/the-moonwalkers/

We enjoyed the similar Hockney exhibition that's playing Sunday-Wednesday am from 17th June

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very impressive visuals and wonderful commentary taking the audience through the whole Apollo Programme, leading into Artemis.

Loved it🙂

20240204_124812.thumb.jpg.03b0df9bfe3830330294dfea86bdd7e0.jpg

Edited by fireballxl5
Pic added
  • Like 1

I went last week and absolutely loved it too. So interesting to see what the astronauts did with their ‘free time’ on the moon. I think I found the footage from the missions after Apollo 11 the most interesting- I had never seen it before!

I am glad they’re extending the run - especially since it was made especially for that theatre!

• Like 1