Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Seestar S50 Imaging Questions

I just purchased the Seestar S50 the other day and have been watching loads of Youtube videos on it.

This is my first time maybe having a go at imaging and I know the Seestar does a lot of the hard work for you but I have seen in just about every video that the image can be improved on a PC using certain programs now to someone who is completely useless on computers it all seems very confusing to me. Is there any where I can get a step by step easy to follow tutorial on getting the pics from the Seestar to the PC and then improving the picture etc in very very easy to follow steps.😵‍💫

Many thanks in advance.🙂

Edited by Bazz
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bazz said:

I just purchased the Seestar S50 the other day and have been watching loads of Youtube videos on it.

This is my first time maybe having a go at imaging and I know the Seestar does a lot of the hard work for you but I have seen in just about every video that the image can be I'm proved on a PC using certain programs now to someone who is completely useless on computers it all seems very confusing to me. Is there any where I can get a step by step easy to follow tutorial on getting the pics from the Seestar to the PC and then improving the picture etc in very very easy to follow steps.😵‍💫

Many thanks in advance.🙂

Go to Trevor Jones, on Astrobackyard or The Lazy Geek ,both give good advice.🌠

• Like 1

Getting the images from the Seestar to a PC is a no-brainer - just use the USB cable supplied and Windows Explorer.  That's assuming you set the Seestar to store separate images rather than stacked.

Most of the 'how to' videos involve using Siril, which is a powerful program but almost impossible to use without detailed instructions. I found it easier to do the initial stacking in Deep Sky Stacker.  TBH I have only tried to 'improve' the images where the smartphone image had airplane tracks or was not saved at all.

You will have to look on this forum in the Seestar thread for general tips, and on Youtube for processing videos, as the ZWO manuals do not tell you much besides how to turn it on. ☹️

• Like 2