Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mineral moon (24/01/24)

Kon

I have not done any lunar imaging in a long time and a quick capture from last night. Waxing Gibbous at 99% illumination. Captured with an 8" Dob, Nikon D3200. Hue saturation in Gimp to bring up the mineral colours.

image.png.d6363143529d9816a9c67db3a6ffd56a.png

Edited by Kon
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, bosun21 said:

Oh no! Not another thing to learn 🙄🤣. Lovely image Kostas.

Thanks Ian. The moon can keep you busy until next planetary season, unless you want to dive into DSO imaging 🤣. I might start re-doing some rilles imaging.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mandy D said:

Nice! I like how you get crater details near the terminator when the Moon is at 99% and it still looks full.

Thanks Mandy. I always seem to overlook the moon in favour of the planets but it has some nice features to go after. In the past I did quite a bit of rilles imaging as they are rather challenging. I quite like the craters in the southern region as they are popping a bit more before they 'disappear' in the full moon.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, astrolulu said:

Beautiful, delicate color - closer to natural than the effects of the "mineral" series.

Thanks. I appreciate the comment especially coming from you and your excellent moon pics.

• Like 1