Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Best parcel company for shipment to China?

tomato

Just wondering if there is any consensus on which is the best company to use to ship a small parcel to China? For some reason UPS, DHL, FedEx can’t find my destination address  to quote me even though I’m selecting it from their drop down lists.🤔

I have a reasonable quote from Royal Mail, but there are contrasting  opinions on SGL about their quality of service.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

If you use a carrier like UPS, they handle the parcel end to end. You can track all the way. You are dealing with one company for the paperwork.
I would contact the recipient and ask about the address problems.

If you send by Royal Mail, they pass it to China Post once in China. Tracking and referencing becomes more difficult.
Certain other carriers who do not have a worldwide presence play pass the parcel with overseas companies.
Is this an item for repair and return to the UK?
You will need to ensure the outgoing tracking reference is available for the return. Otherwise you will have to pay import duty and VAT on the full price of your item.
That is another agument for using UPS or similar. IMPORTANT. Use the same carrier for both journeys.

If the China company have a UPS account, then ask them to book the collection from you.
This is a service that UPS used to offer, and probably still do.
We used to do it at work to ensure our customers used the correct carrier.

DO NOT book the shipping via a parcel shop or general online service like parcel2go. This introduces another latyer of paperwork and loss of traceability.
DO NOT use an agent for shipping. You may hand over the parcel and ask for a particular carrier, but he may use someone else!

I have been there and got the T shirt when we used to handle a lot of repairs coming into the UK from overseas.
Now it is more cost effective to just sell new product.

• Like 3