Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Garnet Star and IC1396

saac

We had a good start to the new year last week in NE Fife with 4 good clear nights in succession; gave me an opportunity to image over multiple nights for the first time. I managed to capture close to 10 .5 hours (240s subs) with my RedCat and ZWO 183MCPro - no filters save UV and IR cut.  Processed in PixInsight then PS.  Criticism, hints and help most welcome. 

Jim 

GarnetStarJan24Final.jpeg

Edited by saac
  • Like 9

Alan, Olly, tx - I agree the colour is a bit muted. I do tend to go for a light touch on colour but yes I agree that there is a bit more it can give here. I'll check the debayer pattern has been picked up correctly as well.  The colour in the stars could certainly be brought out.  Thanks guys, first time with data over multiple nights (only used Flats/Darks from the last night) so I was a bit anxious to see how it came out. :) 

Jim