Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 4051 - It's Galaxy Season!

tomato

Here is another seldom imaged galaxy, NGC 4051 in Ursa Major, it doesn't even make the Cambridge Photographic Atlas of Galaxies for some unknown reason. I got just over 10 hrs from the recent couple of clear but cold nights. I was planning on double that but when I checked on the rig around midnight the apex of the dome was heavily frosted and that is where all of my shutter motor and gear box resides so I didn't want to risk something being frozen solid and breaking when it was due to auto close around 3 a.m.

But, looking through my archives I found 7 hrs of data on this galaxy with the Esprit150/ASI178 set up so this this has been combined with the 10 hrs of Esprit150/QHY268LRGB, using APP, then processed in PI and AP.

Thanks for looking.

Image04comboAP.thumb.jpg.2992b2345d5feeb410137e8a973e157b.jpg

• Like 14

What looks like a few background galaxies too. For example, the bright spot in blue streak in the spiral arm (itself a HII region) at the 10 o'clock position is the galaxy LAMOST J120312.23+443001.8 and the bright orange streak in the upper left corner is NGC 4013, a 12.4 magnitude edge-on spiral.

Edited by Xilman
Ad galaxy ids.
  • Like 1