NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Headphones PN

Clarkey

I have not posted much recently, for some reason I just felt pictures of clouds were a bit dull🤣

Anyway, as I had my first clear night in ages on Sunday, despite flu / cold / lurgy, I was not going to miss the opportunity. I don't have a dual rig, but I currently run my RC8 and 115mm triplet together on the same target. This way, even if the clouds interfere, I should still get enough data for a reasonable outcome. This is about 17 hours of NB data and an hour of RGB for the stars. (IMX571 with dual-band and ASI1600 with true NB). Processed in PI.

Headphones Nebula Final.jpg

• Like 19

Excellent result @Clarkey  Some really nice detail at full size with good colour.  A lot of background galaxies to enjoy throughout as well.  There's an interesting blue/green object in the lower right too...  Not sure if the the PI ImageSolver + AnnotateImage scripts might throw up some interesting stuff on the PGC list (and others).

Edited by geeklee

Thanks @geeklee. I put the widefield 115mm / IMX571 image stack through the annotation script and there are plenty of faint fuzzies in the background. I'm glad you prompted me to do this - I have never tried the annotation script before (I am a PI newbie).

Annotated 115 image.jpg

• Like 2